Life Events


City of Orillia
50 Andrew Street South
Suite 300, Orillia
Ontario L3V 7T5

Phone: (705) 325-1311
Fax: (705) 325-5178


The City Clerk acts as a Division Registrar reporting to the Office of the Registrar General for the Province of Ontario under the Vital Statistics Act and the Marriages Act. Staff in the Clerk's Department are delegated as Deputies to issue marriage licences and register deaths.

Please select one of the following topics, or scroll down the page.


Birth Certiicates and Newborn Birth Registration


Marriage Licences, Certificates, and Officiants


Funeral Homes, Cemeteries, and Death Registrations




Replace Birth Certificate

Visit ServiceOntario's Website for more forms and information. 

Newborn Birth Registrations

Visit ServiceOntario's Website for more forms and information. 

If your baby is over one year of age, you need to complete a delayed registration of birth. To begin this process, you must first apply for your baby's birth certificate.

To get this form and more information, contact ServiceOntario at 1-800-461-2156 or in Toronto 416-325-8305.



The City of Orillia issues Marriage Licences on behalf of the Province of Ontario on Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Fill out the Marriage Licence Application Form prior to visiting the Orillia City Centre to obtain your marriage licence. Both applicants must sign this application.

Please note the following requirements:

  • A marriage licence will only be issued to one or both of the applicants. 
  • The fee for a Marriage Licence is $142.00. The fee must be paid for by cash or debit at time of issue.
  • A marriage licence is only issued to either one or both of the applicants getting married.
  • Marriage licences are valid for 90 days from the date issued. The intended date of marriage must be provided on the application.
  • Identification is required. Both applicants must provide the following:
    An original birth certificate and one piece of government photo identification (driver's licence, photo health card) OR a current and valid passport. Photocopies are not acceptable.
  • Applicants who have been divorced in Canada must provide the original certificate of divorce or original decree absolute (or a certified copy of the same) from the Court you were divorced in. A divorce order or judgment is not acceptable.
  • Applicants who have been divorced outside of Canada must follow the guidelines of the "Out of Country Divorce Package". Please contact us for more information.
  • Applicants aged 16-17 must have the consent of both parents. Please contact us for more information.
  • There are no residency, medical, or citizenship requirements.

Marriage Officiants

To ensure a marriage is performed properly and legally, Service Ontario has created a Marriage Official database, which lists all those with the authority to perform marriages in the province of Ontario. 

Service Ontario has also provided the "Before You Get Married" notice for your information.

Marriage Certificates

Request a Marriage Certificate from Service Ontario

You may apply for a Marriage Certificate six weeks after your wedding date. This can be ordered online with Service Ontario or an application form can be picked up from the Orillia City Centre. 



Funeral Homes

Carson Funeral Home   705-326-3595
54 Coldwater St. E., Orillia
Mundell Funeral Home   705-325-2231 
79 West Street North, Orillia  
Simcoe Funeral Home   705-327-0221
38 James Street East, Orillia
Simcoe Cremation Service  705-325-9919


St. Andrew's - St. James' Cemetery    705-326-6021
320 Coldwater Rd. W., Orillia
St. Michael's Cemetery   705-329-1390
7975 Highway 12, Orillia

Death Registrations

If you need to register a death, please contact Helen Raposo, Administrative Manager/Records Manager for the City of Orillia, 705-325-2301.

If you require a copy of a death certificate, application forms can be obtained from the ServiceOntario website.

Return to top of page